Sunday, November 7, 2010

kylie's seventh birthday


Kylie turned 7 this year. We normally don't do "friend" parties often, but she had something special in mind this year. So I let her choose seven kids to invite and pick a game and activity. They jumped in the leaves, played pin the skull on the skeleton, decorated pumpkin cookies, and had ice cream.





Kylie loves to read the "Friend". She is often found totally distracted by it. Several months ago she read about a girl who asked her birthday guests to bring school supplies to donate to kids in need instead of gifts. Kylie's heart was set on it instantly. The First day of October, Kylie reminded me that we needed to make invitations and tell everyone to bring school supplies. I told her that she would not get any presents if she did this. "I know" she replied.



We brought three grocery sacks full of supplies to a womens shelter. It was a great experience for me and I hope my three girls. They could see the kids playing on a small playground. I explained they did not have a dad or a house and they would be so excited for brand new markers and paints. I am so grateful for a daughter who is so selfless and a great example to me. And we are thankful for everyone who donated!

No comments: