Friday, January 28, 2011

sleigh ride

We went on an adventurous sleigh ride the week before Christmas. The girls were so excited. They asked if it was a real sleigh with real horses. They could not believe it! As soon as we got out of the car, they jumped on the back. Unfortunately, the horses jolted forward. Kylie, Breah, and their cousin, Lola, tipped right off the back onto the frozen ground. They seemed okay, just a little shaken up. Once we got everyone situated and going, I realized how long it had taken Breah to react after she fell and she had been quiet since then. She had no more interest in the horses or the ride. As soon as we got in the car, she cried that her head and neck hurt. We went to grandma's to exchange gifts. Breah just laid on the couch, miserable. It was so sad. We gave her some pain reliever. She threw up a couple times. She even told me to open her gift. And then she slept through everything else. I was so worried about her. We kept waking her up the rest of the night. But in the morning, she was ready to go to church before anyone else was out of bed. Thank goodness!
Grandma trying to keep Breah awake on the ride. Grandpa keeping Kylie safe. Collin and I were holding Clarissa and Addison with a million blankets piled on us. Shad and his family came too. It was hard to get pictures while holding on tight.

Christmas Eve.
All month I wanted to get a good picture of the kids infront of the tree. Maybe in their Christmas dresses or winter sweaters. Well, with church at 9 am and girls dressing up all day and naps and kids doing their own hair and school and practice and homework and fighting and crying.....I could go on and on....there was never the right moment! So here are my cutie pies the night before Santa came. They were so excited! I don't think they need any fancy matching clothes or cute bows and flowers. They are adorable either way!

No comments: