Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Breah has finally started expanding on the same prayer that she has said for many months now. It has gone something like this, "Thankful for Mom, Dad, Addison. Amen." The past couple of weeks, she has started adding Kylie. Then she expanded to Jesus, church, food, etc. Now she goes on and on thanking Heavenly Father for whatever we did that day. Tonight in Breah's prayer, she prayed for Dad to get better and everyone else not to get sick, too. But the last thing she said was so sweet and one I have never heard from her or anyone else. She said something like, "thankful that when I get big like mom and Kylie gets big like mom, that we will go to the temple." How awesome! It is amazing watching children learn little by little. And what they remember at times when you are not expecting it. (If we had gone to the temple tonight, maybe I wouldn't have been so surprised.)

4 comments:

anjie said...

Cute!! I LOVE to hear my kids pray. They talk to Jesus like a friend. Except Reagan. He just shouts, "A-MEN!!" As loud as he can at the end of the prayer.

Is Collin sick?

You are a good mom and a good sister too. Thanks for everything.

Lacey said...

Obviously you're doing something (or many somethings) right raising your girls!

lynsey said...

wow! caleb's always putting words like "poop" into his prayers. he needs a lesson from your kids!

Dave and Holly said...

Your girls are adorable! I love how despite all the frustration kids can create in us, there are those moments like you shared when all those hard times are worth it.