The last week of school Ian had a bad day. He fell down the stairs. He was up at the top of the stairs and stopped halfway on the landing. It was so scary. All my kids have fallen down the stairs at some point. The sound is always scary, but this time he did not settle down. He just kept screaming. It didn't matter what I did, even nursing he was still crying. So after an hour, I finally called Collin. He came right home. We couldn't tell what it could be because he cried no matter what we touched or moved. Collin gave him a Priesthood blessing and rushed him to Redicare. ( I was still in my PJ's because it happened while I was rushing to get the kids out the door to school.) I dropped off Addi and Clare at the neighbors and met Collin and Ian. By then, Collin guessed it was his leg. They did a bunch of X-rays, each time Ian would scream. Finally, they discovered a small buckle fracture at the bottom of his leg near his ankle. We were so grateful it wasn't worse! They put a splint on and we made an appointment for 4 days later to get a cast. They said we only needed the cast for three weeks. We were so relieved to hear that!
No comments:
Post a Comment