Monday, November 3, 2008

no kidding!

It was Kylie's turn to give a talk and scripture in church yesterday. Because I was tired of doing Kylie's talk for her, I asked Collin to come in and give it a try. I hoped having dad help would make Kylie try harder and not cry.
So she stands up at the microphone and Collin kneels beside her. He starts telling her what to say. She turns away from everyone and whispers something in his ear. He whispers back and this continues back and forth until Kylie steps down.
Now, this is the part when I never know what to do next, so I say something like "Kylie's favorite scripture is..., because...". Collin stumbled for a minute of what to do next, then he proceeded to talk in a high pitched voice while on his knees and "gave" Kylie's talk!
What???!! I could not believe what I was hearing. I kept hoping he would say "just kidding", stand up, and talk like himself. But no. The whole talk seemed to last forever. I was crying and trying to contain my laughter. But the primary kids were not holding in theirs. They were all giggling. Some louder than others.
So much for reverence and the spirit in Primary closing exercises!
I told Collin I'll just do it myself next time. I guess that is what he was aiming for!

8 comments:

anjie said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Canadiachik said...

Hysterical!!! Still laughing here...

S and RA Beazer said...

Wish we could have been there. Sounds just like Collin.

Anonymous said...

OH- I would've loved to be there for that one! My brother, my brother... That's soooo funny!

lynsey said...

ben and i seriously laughed so hard at this one. i'm still laughing when i think about it!

Carr Family said...

Ok, I am still laughing. I think you should record Collin giving Kylie's talk and post it. :)

Lacey said...

Really, I can picture it perfectly. Makes me laugh just thinking about it!

Dave and Holly said...

That's great....thanks for the great laugh. I'm trying to picture it now! We all need those moments of spontaneous laughter.