Thursday, March 12, 2009

reverse pyschology

I have had a hard time finding the right punishment for Breah. Most of the time nothing phases her. Timeouts, charts, surprises, even spanking, don't make a difference. So, I have started using reverse pyschology.

It has been pretty funny watching her reaction. She will say something really mean to me or her sister, then wait for a response from me. I say something like "that was so nice Breah, thanks for being such a good little girl." She gives me a funny look and says "I was being naughty, mom." I say, "Oh, no, Breah that was such a nice thing to do." She just looks confused and tries to explain what she was doing.

It is interesting to see how different she acts when she does not get the response she is waiting for. I may not be teaching her the right way, but it seems to make a bigger difference than anything else has for a long time. Especially as Kylie has picked up on it. I have heard Kylie respond to her the same way a couple times. I think it helps that Breah is not getting what she expects from pushing everyones buttons.

Breah is too much like her dad, she loves to get "a rise" out of people.... I wouldn't even know how to explain to anyone who doesn't know them. I guess Kylie is too much like me, she is easily annoyed!!

No comments: